TIME'S WINGED CHARIOT AND THE FIELD OF LIFE (PART TWO)
"Have a time and place for everything and do everything in its time and place and you will not only accomplish more but have far more leisure than those who are always hurrying"  -Tryon Edwards



Time. We all have it in equal measure. Those at the top echelon of society and even those at the lowest rungs of the societal ladder have an equal twenty-four hours. Hence, it is clear that time is a leveller. One thing I've observed in the lives of the former is that they are usually very time conscious.  Consequently, they do everything to protect their time - they schedule their activities the night before, stick to the schedule, engage in high value activities (More on this in subsequent blog posts) among other things. These people have truly recognized the fact that time slips through our hands like grains of sand never to be recovered.




Take for instance, the man Benjamin Franklin.  Benjamin Franklin was a successful author, politician, scientist, philosopher, printer, inventor, activist, and diplomat. His accomplishments are astounding. He was a scientist known for his theories and discoveries and gained the recognition of fellow scientists and intellectuals. He was a political writer and activist, and served as a diplomat during the American Revolution. He was a newspaper editor, self published author, PostMaster General, and started the first American library. His credits go on and on. Benjamin Franklin is even credited for the statement; ‘Time is money.’ I have also outlined, in my earlier posts, the works of Menachem Schneerson, a twentieth century Rabbi who was famous for his statement thus: “This is the key to time management - to see the value of every moment."




Having established the crucial nature of time, I want to offer you one key tip by which I believe time can be maximized. This is what I've termed the power of routines. I will explain this in subsequent posts. Meanwhile, I want you to begin to practice doing things in a set time attached for that purpose. Friends, that's the way it works. As I am talking to you, I am also talking to my self. Let us imbibe the power of routines. Do the right thing at the right time which you have particularly set out for that purpose. That is a more productive approach, my dear friend. I recently caught this wisdom and trust me, I am excited and I can't wait to start implementing routines in my lifestyle. Even Ecclesiastes corroborates this, thus: "To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under the heaven." More on routines and other effective time management tips in my subsequent posts. Stay tuned.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TIPS ON CROSS-EXAMINATION

GOAL SETTING AND GO GETTING; THE EAGLE EXAMPLE (PART FOUR)

WHERE YOU ARE IS NOT WHO YOU ARE