LIFE LESSONS FROM THE TEA BAG

 

We will begin with the story of a businessman who was once asked a question. He was asked, “What is the best contract or business deal you ever you ever saw in your life?” The man gave a very interesting answer. He said, the best contract I ever saw in my life is the one that I lost. As expected, the people listening to him were shocked and very surprised.

The man continued assertively, “yes the best business deal I ever saw in my life is the one that I lost.” You know why, “It was from that deal that I learnt what works and what does not work.” “It was from that deal that I learnt the principles that works and the principles that won’t work.” “It was from that deal that I learnt what makes for failure and makes for success in my business.”

The vital lesson that we can learn from this story is that he did not become a thermometer reflecting the temperature of the failure around him. Instead, he allowed the failure to turn him into a thermostat that sets the temperature for his future success. 




It all boils down to the question, how do you interpret challenges. Do you perceive it as something that is to weigh you down or are you like the teabag. You may ask, what is it about the tea bag that makes it unique? You see, it is when the teabag comes into contact with hot water, that it releases its flavours. In the same way, challenges should stir you up to release all of the gifts, talents and potentials that God has placed on the inside of you. 

My message to you today is that of encouragement. Let the challenges around you make you determined to multiply your commitment, divide your distractions, subtract your excuses and add to your faith. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIPS ON CROSS-EXAMINATION

GOAL SETTING AND GO GETTING; THE EAGLE EXAMPLE (PART FOUR)

WHERE YOU ARE IS NOT WHO YOU ARE