GIVE IT UP TO GROW MORE

 GIVE IT UP TO GO UP!

There is the story of a three year old daughter, and her father. One day, her father bought her a baby doll and she happened to like the baby doll so much. Two weeks after her father asked for the baby doll back. His daughter replied, dad you know I love this baby doll, if you do not mind, I can give you my toy car instead. The father walked away, saying nothing.

A month after the father asked her again, “Can I have your baby doll?” His daughter replied again, “Dad, this baby doll is dear to me. If you do not mind, I will give you my water bottle instead.”  The father walked away again. 

Two months later, the father was back and asked, “My daughter, that your baby doll, errrrrr, please let me have it.” The daughter replied, “Daddy, it is not as if I do not want to give you…but I love it so much. I can give you my wristwatch instead.”






This happened again and again until one day the daughter finally decided to give up her treasured baby doll. When her father came and requested for the baby doll, the daughter just quietly stood up, went into her room, brought out the baby doll and handed it over to her father. After she gave it to her father, he also went into his room and brought ten brand new baby dolls of different sizes and gave it to her and said, "I have had this all along. I just been waiting for you to give up your own little baby doll so you can have these brand new ones."

Now, How many like this daughter have you held on to a lower version of ourselves when there is obviously more in stock? How many times have you called yourself not good enough when God calls you excellent? How many times have you called yourself rejected when God calls you accepted? 

Please listen to this. You have to give up that lower impression and picture you have of yourself and embrace a better you. There is a world of possibilities right in front of you. You are more than you think yourself to be. That is not all there is. There is more to you and you are more than meets the eye.  Peace.

Comments

  1. Have really learn a lot from this story.
    The first lesson I learnt is that as long as you're willing to give you will surely receive more in return, but the main lesson is that you should learn to give yourself and surrender yourself to God that's the only way to succeed

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TIPS ON CROSS-EXAMINATION

GOAL SETTING AND GO GETTING; THE EAGLE EXAMPLE (PART FOUR)

WHERE YOU ARE IS NOT WHO YOU ARE