GOAL SETTING AND GOAL GETTING; ANY NEXUS? (PART THREE)

CASE STUDY : BRIAN TRACY
At 18, Brian Tracy, a high school dropout was a labourer, switching between different jobs like car-washing, door-to-door (commission) sales, house cleaning, working on farms, construction sites, sawmills and so forth. According to him, “I would often work all day long to make a single sale so I could pay for my rooming house and have a place to sleep that night.”
The turning point however for Brian Tracy is described thus in page 6, 
“I took a piece of paper and wrote down an outrageous goal for myself. It was to earn 1, 000 dollars per month  in door- to- door and office –to- office selling. Thirty days later, my entire life changed. During that time, I discovered a technique for closing sales that tripled my income from the very first day. Meanwhile the owner of my company sold out to an entrepreneur who had just moved into town. Exactly thirty days after I had written down my goals, the new owner offered me 1, 000  dollars per month to head up the sale force and teach the other sales people what I was doing that enabled me to sell so much more than anyone else. I accepted the offer and from that day forward, my life was never the same.”




Living without clear goals is like driving in a thick fog. No matter how powerful or well-engineered your car, you drive slowly, hesitantly, making little progress on even the smoothest road. Deciding upon your goals clear the fog immediately and allows you to focus and channel your energies and abilities towards what you really want. You move you from chasing butterflies to digging for gold. You step on the accelerator of your own life and race ahead rapidly towards achieving more of what you want in life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIPS ON CROSS-EXAMINATION

GOAL SETTING AND GO GETTING; THE EAGLE EXAMPLE (PART FOUR)

WHERE YOU ARE IS NOT WHO YOU ARE